01 February 2010

Day 8: 21 Day Body Makeover

Only two more days of three shakes a day.  Thank the Lord! 
I will say this though, I am beginning to get used to those stinkin' things.  They still aren't good, but they aren't as gagging as they were one week ago when I started this big adventure.

Tonight's dinner sucked.  I tried one of the recipes for salmon, but didn't have quite all of the ingredients.  I chopped one cup of onion, four cloves of garlic, a teaspoon of olive oil and half a cup of Apple Cider Vinegar.  I threw that all into a large skillet and brought it to a boil.  (I put too much vinegar in it, because I could still smell it when I ate the salmon.) 

Then, with the mixture heated, I set it to the side and dipped each salmon steak in the juices and put them in a broiler pan and put it in the oven about 5 inches away from the heat for four minutes on each side. 

The salmon indeed got done, but it lacked flavor.
The steamed broccoli however, was good as usual.

I've added to my list of things to eat when I get done is El Fenix---chicken enchilladas with queso topping with rice and beans, along with plenty of guacamole and chips. 
If you have not had El Fenix and you live in the DFW area, you are missing out.  Heck, if you live within two hours of El Fenix, get your booty in the car, drive to DFW and get yourself into an El Fenix.  It is among the BEST Tex-Mex food there is out there.  It is absolutely wonderful.  The downtown Dallas location is so inviting, with plenty of seating and a very courteous staff.  The people there are so kind, it definitely adds to the experience.

Okay, enough of talking about food that I can't eat for another two weeks. 

Upside of today: a woman in my Zumba class told me that I look like I've dropped some weight.  It might be a trick on the eye, but it was still nice to hear. :)

Alright, that's it for tonight.  I'm tired.  Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment