26 January 2010

Wedding Idea: Not Your Typical Pew Bows

I don’t know about you, but when I got married I wasn’t thrilled with the regular pew bows, especially the standard white ones that come in a box pre-made.  That was just not the right look for my wedding.  However, I did not have the money to spend on fresh flowers to hang on all the rows in cute little containers of some sort.  I had to cut somewhere, and I felt the scenery was so pretty that we ended up not having anything hanging on the row ends anyway. 

Then, I shot a wedding last August with my friend Sydni that gave me this awesome idea for row markers.  Pictures---of course!  I love pictures (naturally) and we tried to have as many as possible posted at the wedding of Cliff and I. 
Here’s the image:


What this bride did was attach a ribbon hanger to the back of a picture frame (they used all the same frames, you can mix or match—whatever,) and then the frames simply hung over the side of the pew.

Later in the wedding, the bride and groom gave the framed images to their family members--such as grandparents, parents, and aunts and uncles as gifts.  This is a great way to personalize your wedding, give gifts to your family, and save a little bit of money in the process.  This can be really fun if you like Shabby Chic kind of style if you mix finishes on frames and different types of ribbon--it will make it look like heirloom family photos.

Speaking of heirloom family photos---you might want to even consider using those in your frames down the isle as well!  Why not make it a family event--get old wedding photos of your parents, grandparents, great grandparents, etc. and line them down the isle.  It might add a really nice touch if family is something that is very important to you.

Either way, happy planning!

No comments:

Post a Comment