04 August 2009

Inspired!

Isn't it great when you see something that really inspires you? I recently discovered the website of another photographer who focuses mostly on births (she travels to the hospitals,) newborns, children, and families. Her work is truly inspiring--seeing those precious moments of births captured--for example, when a mom holds her new baby for the first time, are absolutely breathtaking. Emotions that make you feel, "I can't wait until I get to experience that" and "Wow, I want to be able to capture THAT!" Seeing her work to me is what photography is all about--it's about capturing life and those wonderful little events in it--things captured without posing, like a bystander just soaking in the memories. Her images are the kind that tug at your heartstrings and almost bring tears to your eyes because they help you realize just how precious life is. I want to be that type of photographer. I really want to be like that!

My best friend is having her second child in January, not even a month after when she'll be graduating from college...woo hoo! My hope is that I will be able to be at the hospital for the birth of her new baby, even though I live at least two and a half hours away; I really hope I can be there so maybe I'll be able to capture those events somewhere close to what this other photographer is able to do. I want to be able to be the person that is there capturing everything so everyone else can just live and enjoy the moment. I also have a cousin expecting her first child in February, so hopefully I'll have the opportunity to do the same for her as well.

One thing is for sure, I will definitely be considering hiring a photographer to come to the hospital to capture that event when/if I eventually have children of my own.

Well, tomorrow I have my photography class at night and for lunch I'll be meeting up with my pal Sydni to go over some things for the wedding that we are shooting together on Thursday. I'm taking my camera strap covers to have them embroidered tomorrow, and my new business cards should be arriving! (So many things to look forward to tomorrow!)

For your enjoyment, I'm including a photo I took this Fourth of July of Ms. Lucille Gorman. Now, Lucille is the other grandmother of Cliff's first cousins. The families interact so much that she is like an additional grandmother to us as well. She made our favorite wedding present, our last name crocheted in white lace and framed, which she began working on the day she found out we were engaged. This is a signature gift of hers, but unfortunately, she cannot do anymore due to her arthritis. She felt a little awkward allowing me to take pictures of her hands, but I told her they are so beautiful because of what she has created with them. I didn't have a really great backdrop or superior lighting, but her granddaughters like the photo so that makes me happy. I hope to shoot something similar of my grandparents' hands as well before too long.

Well, that is it for now! 'Till next time,
Christina Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment