20 June 2010

With June Comes Bridal Showers

Very soon my cousin Caleb will be marrying his wonderful bride, Katie...on July 3rd, (also my b-day!)  So, this weekend we threw a bridal shower to welcome Katie to the Higgins family.

My mother and aunt Debra were the ladies who were in charge of putting this whole thing together.  They always do a great job throwing showers.  I must say, they put together the absolute best showers of anyone I've ever seen.  They make sure all the details are taken care of and they make sure each one is extra special.  The food, of course, is always spectacular and great!
Here are a couple of the great little desserts we had at the shower yesterday:
My aunt Debra made these great lemon tarts, topped with miracle whip and a fresh raspberry.  I think my favorite part though was the homemade pie crust!


Then there are the pound cake yogurt desserts that my mom made... They were scrumptious!

For the shower, my contribution was designing the invitations. I came up with about 10 different versions and my mom and aunt decided on this one. 

I also wanted to give them something really special for them as a wedding gift and really congratulate them on becoming a couple, so I decided to design a set of note cards with their name on them with their new last name monogram.

Once I get some of my pictures sized well enough--I'll post some more images from the shower and the hamburger supper we had afterwards in honor of Father's Day.  (Which my mom reminded Cliff that he could not eat first with the fathers because she was not a grandmother yet!---she's a little anxious for grandchildren.)

Well, that is about it.  I'm going to go do some research and prep for maternity and newborn sessions I have coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment