10 April 2010

House Hunting

Tomorrow we are starting the house hunt...again.  Hopefully out of 12 houses we can find one that will actually work out this time.  We had a contract on a house for a little over a month and it fell through this week due to the appraisal.  I'd be lying if I said I was not really disappointed about the situation, but I guess it just was not meant to be.  That's alright, there is a house out there for us that will work out just fine, and we'll have a happy life together and hopefully begin to raise a family out of it. The most important thing will be that we're together in a happy healthy home.  The sad thing about the state of the housing market right now is that there really aren't a whole lot of winners in the situation.  Lenders aren't making money because they are not lending very much, sellers are having a very hard time selling their home, buyers are having a hard time getting lending approval.  Unfortunately, some people are loosing their home and having to move out, all to see their former home sit empty and unlived in for months and months.  Right now we are the buyer, and I guess it really is the better situation to be in despite the stress we've had to go through finding a home.  Fortunately, our credit situation is fine, it was just the appraisal that threw a kink into the system.  The lender thought the house was worth less than the seller thought it was worth---so we did get it...stinks huh?  I guess the worst part about that situation is that I had no control over it; and it completely depended upon other people's decisions and I find that frustrating.  Hopefully this house hunt will be better.  Wish us luck tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. I've been wondering how the whole "house hunt" thing was going. Thanks for the update. I bet in the end you'll find a house you like even better.

    ReplyDelete