29 October 2009

The Thirtieth Already?

Where did October go? Man, it seems we were super busy this month, mainly with family outings and get togethers, and it is not over yet. Saturday night we have a Halloween party at Ben and Jenn's with some friends. I still have yet to put together my costume. My original plan was to be a ring master--but it's a little difficult finding a red military coat without it looking...well...inappropriate for a proper young woman.

October was busy but it looks like November will be even busier. I have a baby shower for my best friend, Terrie, who is expecting a baby girl in January, then I have a wedding that I'm shooting on the 14th, and I have a potential of three, yes THREE engagement shoots this coming month! I also have a family shoot planned on the 25th while they are in DFW for family Thanksgiving. (Whew! It's going to be a busy month.) I'm so excited about this though! I've been getting an itch to do some more portrait photography and I haven't done a wedding in a while. Now...if I can just convince my husband to get me a new laptop!....

I love taking pictures in the fall---it's definitely my favorite season. I love the idea of doing family portraits during that time as well. Let's just hope the rain begins to slow down a little bit. I don't mind some cloudiness during the shoots, but I just don't want it to be pouring. We've gotten a LOT of rain in October this year and it's beginning to flood.

The picture included is of my mom's birthday cake from last weekend while we partied it up in the big town of Naples, Texas for her fiftieth birthday. We had it out at the Bachelor Family Cabin and it turned out to be so much fun! All the hard work was totally worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment